Thank you for visiting the website (hereinafter “Kill Crew”) of Kill Crew (“Kill Crew,” “us,” “we,” “our”).
1. What is the term of this policy and how can it be modified?
2. What info do you collect and how do I withdraw consent?
Our website will request that you provide your e-mail address and password so as to set up a user profile. Regardless of whether you create a user account, we may collect non-personally identifiable information about you, such as your geographic location via your Internet Service Protocol (“IP” address) and the amount of time you spend on the site. We use the following software to keep track of the information in parenthesis: ; Klaviyo (e-mail marketing service that stores your e-mails); Refersion (information that we obtain for our registered ambassadors, including Instagram handle, Facebook profile, and school attended); Retention Science (enables e-mail marketing); and Ship Station (shipping/fulfillment software that gives us an overview of our shipments).
We transfer and transmit your information to, and store and process it in, the United States. The European Union considers the United States to be a country outside of the EU that provides “adequate protection” and so no additional safeguarding is necessary. These data transfers are necessary to provide the services set forth in our Terms of Service.
By submitting information to our website, and by allowing us to collect non-personally identifiable information, you consent that any information you submit to us, other users, and other third-parties over the website may be used to:
- Give you access to the Kill Crew website.
- Provide and manage your account facilities.
- Respond to your questions.
- Administer the Kill Crew and your use of the website.
- Monitor and analyze our business or website operations.
- To protect the rights or property of our website, website users, or third parties, or as otherwise permitted by law.
- Amend our database for Kill Crew mailings or other marketing purposes.
- Furthermore, any communication, material or content you submit, post or access on an interactive discussion board, blog, other public area, or other interactive function on the website is a public or other non-private communication. It may be viewed by the general public and/or by the other website users to whom you share or provide it.
To withdraw your consent, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. What are cookies and how do you use them to collect my info?
- session_id, unique token, sessional, allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where. A cookie is a data file placed on a device when it is used to visit Kill Crew. Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, remembering you and your preferences and tracking your visits to our web pages. Cookies are not used to identify you and will not collect personally identifiable information. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser to stop accepting new cookies, to notify you when you a new cookie is received, and to disable existing cookies via the use of third party extensions like “Ghostery.” If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, however, you may not be able to take full advantage of our website.
4. Can we disclose your information to third parties?
We will not voluntarily disclose your personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, to third parties without your written consent. However, we may release such information to third parties such as law enforcement and governmental authorities if (i) required to do so by law, search warrant, subpoena, court order, or other legal process, (ii) requested by law enforcement or other governmental authorities, in our discretion, or (iii) we otherwise have a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of mia.io or third parties.
5. How do we protect your information?
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that our third-party vendors, including Shopify, protect personally identifiable information that you submit over the website from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, which may include the use of firewalls and other security measures. For such third parties, we will ensure that they take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure your information it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. If you provide us with credit card information, it is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) requirements and implement additionally generally accepted industry standards.
6. How much do we warrant third party storage of your data?
We do not warrant or represent that our level of security meets or exceeds any particular standard. No server or internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. You should take this into account when submitting personal or confidential data on Kill Crew. Similarly, any information that you send us in an email message or other form through the websites is not confidential or privileged.
In the event of a corporate change in control resulting from, for example, a sale to, or merger with, another entity, we may transfer your personally identifiable information to the new party in control.